Last modified: May 26, 2022
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. You can refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in Site activities that are for members only.
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including but not limited to the following:
- Name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card, PayPal, or other payment information.
- Analytical Site usage information collected via Google Analytics. This data may include the Site pages you view and other similar information about your behavior on our Site.
How we collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g. when you place an order, enter in data, or contact us for any reason).
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide and improve upon the services.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To contact you, for example, by emailing you a newsletter but you may opt-out of it by following the unsubscribe link in the body of the email.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To third parties who offer products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Site’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- For sample content created, e.g. essay drafts, resume drafts, etc.: we sometimes use previous client work as examples to instruct future clients. In this scenario, we remove all identifying information, e.g. name, company name, dates of employment. In that way, we can use the materials in a way that keeps you anonymous while still providing value to our users.
- For “customer success stories”, case studies, testimonials, etc. we will share information about your success with our future clients. Should you wish us to alter your information (E.g. providing only your first name), please contact us.
- We may launch an ApplicantLab community at some point: should it be internal to the Lab, we will allow you to create an anonymous ID. Should this group be hosted on a 3rd-party system, such as LinkedIn or Facebook, then your privacy would be governed by settings on those sites (we have no purview over their privacy policies).
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our customers, or others.
Cookies are data that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. The cookie will help our Site, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. For example, cookies can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyze how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. Children under 18 years of age are not allowed to visit our site. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 and our service is not directed to children. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under the age of 18, we will delete any personal information in that user’s account or use that information only to respond directly to that child (or a parent or legal guardian) to inform him or her that he or she cannot use our Site.
6. DATA SECURITY
Personal information you provide to us is stored on a password protected server accessible only by administrator. We adhere to generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site because any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials, if any, confidential.
7. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION